HELPING TO ADVANCE SALES, MARKETING AND REVENUE MANAGEMENT AS A CAREER
Industry leaders recognize that while the hospitality industry offers glamour, flexibility, portability and stability, it has not developed an employment brand that continually attracts rising stars. Hospitality needs to better tell its story of career growth, continual training and unlimited opportunity, if it seeks to consistently attract and retain top candidates. The hospitality industry is changing dynamically in its ability to create, capture, manage and optimize revenues. The HSMAI Foundation will foster exposure across disciplines to facilitate career path exploration. We will create mentoring and growth opportunities to foster success. We’ve built a long-term vision and roadmap to ensure we accomplish our mission to be the industry’s employment brand and to heighten business performance. To bring new talent into the industry, we must first drive awareness and excitement around careers in the industry.
Building on an extensive network and knowledge base, the Foundation will:
- drive awareness and excitement about hospitality professional career paths in sales, marketing and revenue management;
- seek out best practices and new talent; foster collaboration with academia to develop curriculum and scholarship;
- create mentoring and leadership opportunities for high-performing emerging and seasoned executives; and
- expand the global presence to foster initiatives of the HSMAI Foundation
Chief Strategy Officer & EVP Revenue
Immediate Past Chair
CHME ISHC, Managing Partner
Director, Small Medium Enterprise, Global Sales
Senior Director, Customer Insights, Corporate Strategy
Complex Managing Director
Loews Sapphire Falls & Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando
Chief Marketing Officer | Senior Vice President Marketing & Sales
Best Western® Hotels & Resorts
President & Founder
Ward Howell International
Warren T. Jahn, Jr., Ph.D
HR Business Partner
AMER Commercial & Revenue Management, IHG
Chief Marketing Officer
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, Inc.
Chief Human Resource Officer Executive
Omni Hotels & Resorts
Vice President, Sales Strategy & Operations
Hyatt Hotels Corporation
Chief Operating Officer
Vice President Sales
Bellagio, MGM Resorts
Preferred Hotels and Resorts
Stowe Shoemaker, PhD
Dean of the Harrah College of Hospitality, University of Nevada, Las Vegas
Robert Gilbert, CHME, CHBA
Karen K. Wollard, Ed. D., CHDM
Kelly, Wollard & Associates, Inc.
Bruce Tracey, Ph.D.
Cornell Hospitality Quarterly & Cornell University
The HSMAI Foundation fosters industry-wide collaboration and partnerships to attract new talent, develop emerging talent and engage seasoned talent. Our partners include:
- Leading public relations firm, Hemsworth Communications, and award-winning marketing firm, Ideas Collide, to share information about the industry and reach new audiences.
- Hospitality schools for opportunities to provide input into sales, marketing and revenue management curriculums and foster externships and research opportunities for faculty.
- National nonprofit partners, associations, and military-focused groups to leverage existing networks, promote programs and disseminate best practices.